Happy New Year everyone! Tell me, did you eat, drink and make merry in the wee hours of the night?
We celebrated with friends and kids galore. I made a Buche De Noël cake with mushroom meringues. My brother-in-law, who actually flew home from visiting family in France with my brother last night, would (hopefully) be proud. I am such a sucker for woodland whimsy. The cake was delicious! Not to mention gluten and nut-free.
For 2015 do you set resolutions? I like to avoid resolutions at all costs, unless they are fun or pleasant like trying a new recipe each month and drinking more wine each night. The word resolution sounds like drastic change(s) to torture you until you finally give up and feel worse about yourself. I am all for making small changes or tweaks, however. This year I’d like to incorporate the following changes:
- Revert back to using a spiral-bound planner. My iPad has botched my schedule more than a few times this past year due to time error entry and not being able to pull up my schedule so it’s back to good old-fashioned pen and paper for this gal.
- Organize all closets, nook, crannies and cupboards. Not all at once, but by summer….
- Incorporate more vegetables into our family diet. My husband and I could also stand to eat more fruit and consume less sodium. We love our chips, popcorn and crackers around here. Has anyone tried Gwyneth Paltrow’s recipes from her new cookbook, It’s All Good? The vegenaise breakfast toast with avocado sounds interesting and Kimchi too.
- Try being a better listener with friends. I am like a guy in this department. I listen to women vent and want to help them so I offer some suggestions and get the look of, “Why are you talking when you should be listening?” I promise to try to lend a sympathetic ear with ample head nodding and zero advice from now on.
- Drink more wine. Specifically, do not let a week pass by without consuming it.
That’s it! Have a very happy and healthy 2015.
6 thoughts on “No Resolutions, No Regrets”
Cake looks great, Lise! Sounds like you had a fun NYE!
Thanks Megs. 😊. Your trip to Tahoe looked beautiful. Was it a hike or were you on the water for most of your trek?
Love your last resolution … Drink more wine . That is defiantly one I can get behind ;0)
We can all support that goal right? If one of us veers off track we can always coax each other into drinking more. It really is a win- win resolution. 😉
You are so funny! I fully support you on the last one, let me know if I can help in any way 🙂 Happy New Year!
Yay! You commented. I think we should celebrate with some wine. 😉. Seriously, we need to plan a wine night. Let’s look at our calendars and pick a date.