Here is the perfect cookie to bake this Christmas season. These M&M cookies are easy to make, take the classic chocolate chip cookie up a notch, but most of all, they are delicious!
Be prepared to make more than one batch because they always disappear quickly. You can even make the dough ahead of time and freeze it until you are ready to use. Give it 24 hours to thaw in your fridge.
Christmas M&M Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Christmas M&M’s
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk melted butter and sugars in a medium-sized bowl. Add eggs, one at a time whisking slowly. Add vanilla.
- Using a large spatula, pour wet ingredients into the large dry ingredients bowl. Mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Put plastic wrap over the top of bowl and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Take bowl out of fridge and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and scoop about 2-2 1/2 Tablespoons of cookie dough. Form it into a ball and place on cookie sheet until you have 9 rolled balls.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet before using a spatula to place cookies on a cooling rack.